* Overall enrollment at RMU has increased 15 percent over the past five years. (5,413 in Fall 2013 vs. 4,711 in Fall 2008)
* The university has a 93-percent placement rate, meaning that 86 percent of students have a job and 7 percent are enrolled in graduate schools a year after graduation. Most of those who are employed in working in their field of study.
* Approximately 93 percent of undergraduate students receive financial aid from RMU.
*The RMU School of Business is accredited by AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Only 5 percent of business schools worldwide share this prestigious designation.
* RMU was one of the first 10 universities to be named a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries for its actuarial science program. Currently only 21 universities in North America have earned this designation. High school students who want to enter RMU's program must score at least a 650 on the mathematics portion of the SAT.
* We offer the only four-year nuclear medicine technology program in western Pennsylvania, as well as the region's only bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering.
* Eighty-two percent of RMU students complete at least one internship before they graduate, and most of them are paid.
* RMU offers the only ABET-accredited bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering in western Pennsylvania.
* The Colonials have claimed 38 Northeast Conference regular-season championships and 38 league tournament titles among 23 Division I sports.
* Men's basketball leads all programs at RMU with 10 NEC regular-season and seven NEC tournament championships, respectively.
* RMU boasts the only two NCAA Division I ice hockey programs in Pittsburgh.
* Since 1992, Robert Morris has placed 47 student-athletes on Capital One District II Academic All-America Teams. Included in that group are 21 student-athletes that were honored in consecutive years. Six of those student-athletes went on to earn Capital One Academic All-America honors.
* Since 1988, RMU student-athletes have been named the Northeast Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year in their respective sport 31 times.
* The men’s basketball team’s seven NEC Tournament championships are the most in league history, and the team owns one of just three wins by the conference in the NCAA Tournament.
* RMU also holds seven NEC Tournament titles in volleyball and six in softball and softball.
* About 560 RMU students compete in 23 Division I sports, and their average graduation rate is 73 percent. The national average graduation rate for all Division I student-athletes is about 63 percent.
* Of RMU’s 23 Division I sports teams, 20 had an average team GPA above 3.0 in 12-12 and all teams had average GPAs above 2.6.
By the Numbers
Location: Moon Township, Pa.
Enrollment: 5,413 (4,468 undergraduate, 945 graduate)
Student Population: 53% male, 47% female, from 37 states and 37 nations
Resident Students: 2,070
Full-time instructional faculty: 196
Total full-time employees: 571
Student-to-faculty ratio: 15 to 1
Average class size: 21.6
School of Business
School of Communications and Information Systems
School of Education and Social Sciences
School of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Athletic Affiliation: NCAA Division I
Varsity Sports: 23
Colors: Navy blue, white and red
For more information contact Jonathan Potts at 412-397-5291.