Denise R. Ramponi, D.N.P., C.R.N.P., F.A.E.N.
Coordinator, DNP Simulation (Nursing)
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Nursing)
412-397-6244 phone (M)
Benjamin Rush Center 110
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Nursing, Waynesburg University, 2010
- Master of Science in Nursing, Nursing, Duquesne University, 1994
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Nursing, LaRoche College, 1989
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care/Emergency, IUP/Allegheny General Hospital, 1980
- Nurse Practitioner with 25+ years experience in trauma, emergency, urgent care, occupational medicine & retail health settings.
- PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT:
10/2000 - present: Heritage Valley Health System, ED CRNP/PA Supervisor for 10 years, ED Nurse Practitioner
- 7/88 to 10/00 University of Pittsburgh Shadyside Hospital, Emergency Department Director, implemented NP role in ED
- 12/73 to 7/88 Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA Positions include: Supervisor Flight Nurse, Trauma Nurse Practitioner, Emergency Department Nurse Practitioner & Supervisor, & RN positions
Area of Expertise/Research
- Publications in Diagnostic Imaging: Column Editor for the Imaging Column, Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal
- Publications regarding Methods to Reduce Pediatric Pain during Minor Procedures in Journal of Emergency Nursing, Nursing Spectrum Journal & national presentations
- Skills Workshop Instruction: Suturing, Minor Office Procedures, X-ray Interpretation, EENT Workshops
- Emergency, Trauma & Surgical Nurse Practitioner; Emergency Department & Helicopter Nursing Director
2011 - 2012
"Scaphoid Fractures", Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, September 2012, 43(4), 300-305.
"Elbow Fractures", Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, May 2012, 34(2), 99-109.
"What NP Graduates need to know about certification: changes are on the horizon", Advance for NP's and PA's, April 2012, 1-4
"Preparing for the NP Certification Exams: Follow these steps to success", 2012 Guide for new NP & PA Graduates, Advance for NP's and PA's, April 2012, 5-6.
"Writing for Resolution", Nursing Management, 42(8), August 2011, 53-55.
"Reducing pain during minor procedures in pediatric patients", Nursing Spectrum, Fall 2011, 1 - 10.
"Shoulder pain", Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, March 2011, 33(2), 114-126.
"Promotion of a practice change regarding pediatric procedural pain management on a national level", Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library, http://hdl.handle.net/10755/171010.Sept 2010.
"Reducing pain in pediatric minor procedures", Journal of Emergency Nursing, Sept 2009, 35(4), 379-382.
"What you need to know about Salter-Harris fractures", ED Insider, September 2009, 5-6.
2008 & previous
Item writer, orthopedic and wound sections, CEN Review Manual, Emergency Nurses Association, July 2008.
"Salter Harris Fractures", Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, January 2007, 29(1), 12-21.
Orthopedic Trauma & Orthopedic Medical Emergencies, Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum 6th edition, (pp. 585-603). May 2006, National Emergency Nurses Association, Elsevier Publications.
"Don't get uptight about ring removal", Nursing 2002, 32(12), 56-57.
"CEN Review Manual", 3rd edition, Nov 2001, Contributing Author, Emergency Nurses Association, Kendall-Hunt Publishing.
"Eye on contact lens removal", Nursing 2001, Springhouse Publications.
"Go with the flow during an eye emergency", Nursing 2000, 30(8), Springnet Publications.
"Orthopedic Trauma", basic and advanced chapters for Student and Instructor Manuals, ASHBEAMS, under contract by U.S. Department of Transportation, 1988.
- 2012 - : March 27: Minor Office Procedures, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX; March 31: Suture & Minor Office Procedures Workshops, Clarion University, PA; May 23: Suturing Workshop, National Teaching Institute national conference, Orlando, FL.; May 20 Certified Emergency Nurse Review Course - Ocular, Maxilofacial, Orthopedic & Wound Sections, St. Clair Hospital, PA.; June 22-24 Ophthalmic Procedures Workshop and The Red Eye, American Academy of Nurse Practitioner National Conference, Orlando, FL.; Sept 12-16: Reducing Pediatric Pain in Minor Procedures, Joint Evaluations, and Hand Emergencies, National Emergency Nurses Association Scientific Assembly, San Diego, CA.; Oct 2-5: Suturing Workshop: the Basics, Suturing Workshop: Beyond the Basics & Red eyes and Red flags, American College of Nurse Practitioners National Conference, Toronto, Canada.; Nov 1-3: Suturing Workshop, Minor Office Procedures Workshop, Chest x-ray Interpretation, and Extremity x-ray Interpretation, Duquesne University, Family NP Program, Pittsburgh, PA.; Nov 14: Ocular & Maxillofacial Emergencies, Orthopedic & Wound Emergencies, Certified Emergency Nurse Review Course, Mt. Nittany Hospital, PA State ENA Conference, State College, PA.; Nov 16: Ocular & Maxillofacial Emergencies, Orthopedic & Wound Emergencies, Certified Emergency Nurse Review Course, UPMC St. Margarets Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA.
- 2011 - Nov 17: Suturing Workshop and Minor Office Procedures Workshop, Duquesne University NP program, Pittsburgh, PA.; Nov 8: Orthopedic & Wound Review and Ocular & Maxillofacial Review for Certified Emergency Nurse Exam Review Course, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA.;
Oct 5-8 American College of Nurse Practitioners National Conference: Suturing Workshops, Interpretation of Extremity radiographs, Red Eye; Denver, CO.; Sept 30: Reducing Pain in Pediatric Minor Procedures, Pittsburgh Chapter of National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Pittsburgh, PA.; Sept 21-24: Emergency Nurses Association Conference; EENT, X-ray interpretation, Art of Fundoscopy, Tampa, FL.; June 22: Splinting Workshop and Chest x-ray interpretation, Horizons PA State Emergency Nurses Association Conference, State College, PA.;
June 2011: Pennsylvania Emergency Nurses Association; Chest x-ray interpretation, Splinting workshop, State College PA.
April 2011; Suturing & Minor Office Procedure Workshops, Clarion University, Venango Campus, PA.; May 18-20:Basic Suturing Workshop, Beyond Basics Suturing Workshop, HEENT Workshop, Minor Office Procedures Workshop, Extremity Radiograph Interpretation, Chest & Abdomen Radiograph Interpretation, Practitioner Education Associates, LaRoche College, Pittsburgh, PA.; May 11-12 Suturing Workshop, HEENT Workshop, Minor Office Procedures, Extremity Radiograph Interpretation, Chest & Abdomen Radiograph Interpretation; April 9: Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD.; Suturing Workshop: Basics & Beyond and Minor Office Procedures, Clarion University, Clarion, PA.; April 7: Professional Issues, Maxillofacial & Ocular Emergencies, and Orthopedic & Wound Emergencies, Certified Emergency Nursing Course, Pittsburgh, PA.; Mar 23: Reducing Pediatric Pain in Minor Procedures?, Western PA Emergency Nurses Association, Pittsburgh, PA.
Mar 15: Dental Workshop Assistant, Society of Emergency Medicine Assistants Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- 2010 - Nov 2010 Suturing & Minor Procedure Workshop, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA.
Nov 2010 Suturing & Minor Office Procedures, Pennsylvania Coalition of Nurse Practitioners Conference, Harrisburg, PA
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Ramponi, Denise R
Fall 2013: Doctorate
|NURS9170-A||03:30-06:20 PM|| R||M||Ramponi||13 (08/26-12/14/13)||12 Seats
|NURS9175-A||-||APPT||M||Ramponi||13 (08/26-12/14/13)||12 Seats