Fan-Yu Lin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Education (Education)
412-397-6246 phone (M)
Nicholson Center 446
- Master of Science, Early Childhood Education, University of Pennsylvania, 1998
- Ph.D., Special Education, Penn State University , 2004
California State University, Stanislaus, Turlock, California
Special Education Program, Department of Advanced Studies in Education
June 2010, tenured and promoted to associate professor.
Jan 2009 to 2010 June
Coordinator, Internship Program.
Area of Expertise/Research
- My research interest has been Precision Teaching, behavior analysis, autism and early childhood special education, and most recently extended to e-learning with my cumulative experiences in online teaching.
Kubina, R. & Lin, F. (2011) Chapter 15: Precision Teaching and Behavior Analysis. Behavior Foundations of Effective Autism Treatment by Erik A. Mayville and James A. Mulick (ed.). pp. 277-297. Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY: Sloan Publishing
- Lin, F., Kubina, R. M. & Shimamue, S. (2010). Examining application relationships: Differences in mathematical elements and compound performance between American, Japanese, and Taiwanese students. International Journal of Applied Educational Studies, 9(1), 19-32. http://www.ijaes.com/archive/2010/volume9/9-1-2.pdf
- Kubina, R. M., Kostewicz, D. E., & Lin, F. (2009). The taxonomy of learning and behavioral fluency. Journal of Precision Teaching and Celeration 25, 9-17.
- Lin, F & Liu Y. (2009). eLearning Technology: The Empowered Flashcard in Teacher Training. In G. E. Antoniou, D. Michalopoulos, P. Petraot (Ed.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing Engineering and Information (pp. 265-268).Los Alamitos, CA: IEEE Computer Society.
- Kubina, R. & Lin, F. (2008) Defining frequency: A natural scientific term. The Behavior Analyst Today 9(2), 125-129. http://www.behavior-analyst-today.net/VOL-9/BAT%20209-2.pdf
- Lin, F. & Kubina, R. (2005) The Preliminary relationship between fluency and application for multiplication. Journal of Behavioral Education 14(2), 73-87.
- Contributing author to The Autism Encyclopedia, edited by Neisworth, J. T. & Wolfe, P. S. (2005). Baltimore, MD: Paul. H. Brooke.
- Lin, F. & Kubina, R. (2004). Learning Channels. The Behavior Analyst Today, 5(1). Retrieved from http://www.behavior-analyst-online.org/NEWBAT/Frameless%20BAT/BAT-5-1.pdf
- 2011 - Lin, F. & Donne, V. (2011 Nov) An Initiative of Distant Teacher Induction Program. Session presented at 2011 PACEC?s 52md Annual Convention. Harrisburg, PA.
- 2010 - Lin, F. & Liu, Y. (2010 June) Low Tech Faculty Survival Guide. Paper presented at Online Teaching Conference 2010. San Diego, CA.
- 2010 - Lin, F. (2009 October). Use of Learning Channels in Instructional Design. Poster presentation at RSCA week 2009 at California State University Stanislaus, Turlock, CA.
- 2009 - Lin, F. (2009 June). Digital naturalization: Design an online course for virtual newbies. Workshop presentation at 2009 Online Teaching Conference at Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA.
- 2009 - Lin, F. (2009 April). eLearning technology: The empowered flashcard in Teacher Training. Paper presentation at International Conference of Computing in Engineering, Science, and Information 2009 at California State University Fullerton, Fullerton, CA
- 2008 - Lin, F. (2008 September). Aiming for Successful College Learning: the Faculty Mentor Program. Poster presentation at RSCA week 2008 at California State University Stanislaus, Turlock, CA.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Fan-Yu
|SPED0302-A||-||APPT||M||Lin||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||9 Seats
|SPED0606-A||-||APPT||M||Lin||3 (01/13-03/07/14)||12 Seats
|SPED3020-A||01:00-01:50 PM||M W F||M||Lin||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||9 Seats
|SPED6060-A||06:00-10:00 PM|| T||M||Lin||3 (01/13-03/07/14)||14 Seats
|SPED6090-A||06:00-10:00 PM|| R||M||Lin||5 (03/10-05/03/14)||13 Seats