- Ph.D., Economics, University of Tennessee, 2011
- Dr. Yang is an applied microeconomist with broad interests in public policy. Much of her specific work focuses on state and local tax policy, economic regulation, and public education policy. Prior to her time in the US, she worked for four years on regional economic development policies and industrial planning for an institution supervised by Hubei provincial government in China.
Area of Expertise/Research
- state business taxes, tax competition among US governments, innovation policies
- “Entity Taxation of Business Enterprise,” with LeAnn Luna and Matthew Murray, in the Oxford Handbook of State and Local Government Finance, Robert Ebel and John Petersen (eds.), Oxford University Press, March 2012.
- “Base Mobility and State Personal Income Taxes,” with William Fox and Donald Bruce, National Tax Journal 63 (4): 945-966, 2010.
- “Inducing R&D Investment with Price Ceilings,” with Youping Li and Cristina Reiser, Economics Bulletin 30 (2): 1548-1553, 2010.
- “An Evaluation of Combined Reporting for Tennessee,” with William Fox, LeAnn Luna, Rebekah McCarty, and Ann B. Davis, State Tax Notes 54 (6): 397-426, 2009.
- 2012 - 2012 Lincoln Institute Scholars Program, Cambridge, MA, May 2012
- 2012 - American Economic Association Annual Meetings, Chicago, IL, January 2012
- 2011 - Southern Economic Association 81st Annual Meetings, Washington DC, November 2011
- 2011 - National Tax Association 104th Annual Conference on Taxation, New Orleans, LA, November 2011
- 2010 - Andrew Young School of Policy Studies Seminar, Georgia State University, Atlanta, February 2010
- 2010 - Southern Economic Association 80th Annual Meetings, Atlanta, GA, November 2010
- 2010 - Western Economic Association International 85th Annual Conference, Portland, OR, June 2010
- 2009 - National Tax Association 102nd Annual Conference on Taxation, Denver, CO, November 2009
- 2009 - University of Tennessee Economics Research Workshop, Knoxville, TN, October 2009
- 2009 - Southern Economic Association 79th Annual Meetings, San Antonio, TX, November 2009
- 2009 - University of Tennessee Economics Research Workshop, Knoxville, TN, April 2009
- 2008 - National Tax Association 101st Annual Conference on Taxation, Philadelphia, PA, November 2008
- 2008 - "Mobility and Tax Policy: Do Yesterday's Taxes Fit Tomorrow's Economy?" Conference, Knoxville, TN, October 2008
- 2008 - University of Tennessee Economics Research Workshop, Knoxville, TN, October 2008
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Zhou
|ECON1020-D||04:00-05:15 PM||M W||M||Yang||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||0 Seats
|ECON1020-E||06:00-08:50 PM||M||M||Yang||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||2 Seats
|ECON3030-A||06:00-08:50 PM|| T||M||Yang||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||5 Seats