Vicki J. Donne, D.Ed.
Associate Professor of Education (Education)
Coordinator, Masters in Special Education (Education)
412-397-5465 phone (M)
Nicholson Center 445
- Doctorate of Education, Special Education, Specialization in Education of Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Collateral Area in Reading, University of Pittsburgh, 2006
- Master of Education, Special Education, Program for the Education of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing, University of Pittsburgh, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, University of Albuquerque, 1984
- Associate in Arts, Business Administration, Robert Morris University, 1982
- Associate Professor, Coordinator of Graduate Programs in Special Education, Robert Morris University
- Adjunct Faculty, Deaf Education & Special Education, IUP, University of Pittsburgh, and West Liberty State College
- Teacher of Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing, RESA-6, West Virginia
- Various Positions in Business (Training & Support Coordinator - MIS, PC Specialist,and Marketing Representative)
Area of Expertise/Research
- Vicki J. Donne, DEd, has more than 15 years experience as a deaf educator in the public schools. Her current research interests focus on reading instruction, interventions, and use of technology for students who are deaf/hard of hearing.
- Donne, V. (2013). Technology to support sign language for students with disabilities. Rural Special Education Quarterly, 32(4), 24-37.
- Donne, V., & Hansen, M. (2013). Business and technology educators: Practices for inclusion. International Journal of Information Communication and Technology Education, 9(4), 81-93.
- Cellante, D., & Donne, V. (2013). A program evaluation process to meet the needs of English language learners. Education, 134(1), 1-8.
- Donne, V., & Lin, F. (2013). Special education teacher induction: The wiki way. The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues, & Ideas, 86(2), 1-5.
- Donne, V. (2012). Keyboard instruction for students with a disability. The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues, & Ideas, 85(5), 201-206.
- Donne, V. (2012). Wiki: Using web connections to connect students. TechTrends, 56(2), 31-36.
- Rugg, N., & Donne, V. (2011). Parent and teacher perceptions of transitioning students from an auditory-oral school to general education. Volta Review, 111(3), 325-351.
- Hansen, M., & Donne, V. (Fall, 2011). Business educators: Putting inclusion into practice. Business Teacher Education Journal, 38, 35-41.
- Donne, V. (2011). Reading instruction and text difficulty. Volta Review, 111(1), 5-23.
- Donne, V., & Zigmond, N. (2008). Student engagement during reading instruction for students who are deaf/hard of hearing. American Annals of the Deaf, 153(3), 294-303.
- Donne, V., & Zigmond, N. (2008). An observational study of reading instruction for students who are deaf/hard of hearing in public schools. Communication Disorders Quarterly, 29(4), 219-235.
- 2012 - OCALI National Conference: Panel Discussion of ASL & Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 2012 - PA CEC Conference: Application of Apps (Student Led Presentation)
- 2012 - RMU Business Education Conference: Autism in the Classroom - What Business Educators Need to Know
- 2011 - PA CEC Conference: An Initiative of Distance Teacher Induction Program
- 2011 - AG Bell National Conference: Transitioning of Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- 2010 - CEC National Conference: Developing and Implementing Individualized Multimedia Storybooks for Vocabulary Development
- 2009 - OCALI National Conference: Multimedia Storybooks as Tools for Vocabulary Development
- 2008 - ACE-DHH National Convention: Reading Levels and the Reading Instruction Experience
- 2007 - ACE-DHH National Convention: Reading Instruction for Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing in Public School Settings-Results of an Observational Study
- 2005 - PESDHH Convocation, PA: Strategies for Increasing Time Engaged in Reading
- 2003 - PAC RIM: A Functional Vision Evaluation for Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Vicki
|EDUC6400-L1||-||ONLINE||F||Donne||4 (03/08-05/03/14)||18 Seats
|SPED0101-A||-||APPT||M||Donne||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||10 Seats
|SPED6020-A||06:00-10:00 PM|| T||M||Donne||5 (03/10-05/03/14)||17 Seats
|SPED0607-A||-||APPT||M||Donne||2 (05/06-06/29/14)|| Seats
|SPED6070-A||06:00-10:00 PM|| T||M||Donne||2 (05/06-06/29/14)|| Seats
|SPED6095-A||-||APPT||M||Donne||2 (05/06-06/29/14)|| Seats