Mark H. Haney, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Management (Management)
412-397-6048 phone (M)
Massey Hall 323
- Ph.D., Business Administration - Management Information Systems, University of Pittsburgh, 2009
- Master of Business Administration, Finance, Case Western Reserve University, 1998
- Master of Arts, Chinese Language and Literature, Ohio State University, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Chinese, Ohio State University, 1991
- 2011-Present: Assistant Professor of Management, School of Business, Robert Morris University
- 2009-2011: Associate Professor of Management, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- 2008-2009: Lecturer in MIS, Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- Prior to his doctoral work Mark spent several years in the IT field as an applications developer, primarily in the financial services industry. He also has experience in the financial planning industry.
Area of Expertise/Research
- Control and coordination of work teams in knowledge work settings
- Motivation in professional and educational settings
- “Investigating the Antecedents of Team-Based Clan Control: Adding Social Capital as a Predictor,” Kirsch, L.J., Ko, D.G., and Haney, M.H., Organization Science, Volume 21 Issue 2, March/April 2010, pp. 469-489.
- “Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning,” King, W.R., Chung, T.R., and Haney, M.H., Omega, 36:2, April 2008, pp. 167-172.
- “Method Effects in IS Survey Research: An Assessment and Recommendations,” King, W.R., Liu, C.Z., Haney, M.H., and He, J., Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 20 Article 30, October 2007.
- “Research and Information Systems: How Information Systems are Transforming the Nature of Science (and What Does this Mean for IS Researchers),” Kirsch, L.J., Slaughter, S.A., and Haney, M.H., published in Organizational Dynamics of Technology-Based Innovation: Diversifying the Research Agenda, T. McMaster, D. Wastell, E. Ferneley, and J.I. DeGross (eds.), Springer Science, New York, NY, pp. 487-490, 2007.
- “Requirements Determination for Common Systems: Turning a Global Vision into a Local Reality,” Kirsch, L.J., and Haney, M.H., Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 15:2, June 2006, pp. 79-104.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Haney, Mark H
|MGMT3180-B||10:00-10:50 AM||M W F||M||Haney||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||-3 Seats
|MGMT3180-G||06:00-08:50 PM||M||M||Haney||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||-3 Seats
|MGMT4560-A||09:00-09:50 AM||M W F||M||Haney||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||3 Seats