A student in good academic standing who does not take classes at Robert Morris for four consecutive semesters, excluding summer terms, must request reinstatement to continue their studies. A current program check sheet will be used to establish program requirements. Students who were academically suspended or dismissed from the University are covered under the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
Undergraduate Reinstatement Procedure
Adult and Continuing Education
If you previously attended RMU and you have been out of high school for 5 years or more and wish to attend RMU mostly during the evenings, Saturdays, online, and in an accelerated format, you may complete a Request for Reinstatement.
Adult and Continuing Education offer degrees specifically designed for the non-traditional (adult learner) student. It is recommended that you contact Admissions to: discuss Adult and Continuing Education majors or others available at RMU, properly apply your previous credits, learn of the options you have to reach the goal of completing your degree in a timely and efficient manner.
If you have not been out of high school for 5 years or more, please refer to the following procedures for completing your reinstatement.
- A student requesting reinstatement must complete a Request for Reinstatement on the RMU website or complete a reinstatement form in the Student Support Center or Academic Services Office.
- Upon receipt of the completed form, the Academic Services Office will:
- Verify the student is in good academic standing, check student accounts information, demographic information, and student number(If there is a problem the student will be asked to check with the necessary departments to clear his or her status before the reinstatement process can resume);
- Review all materials, approve or deny the request for reinstatement (any conditions affecting the reinstatement will be identified on the form).
- Upon completion of the reinstatement material by Academic Services, distribution will be as follows:
- One copy of the checksheet and reinstatement will be mailed to the student along with registration materials by Academic Services.
- One copy of the checksheet and reinstatement will be placed in the student's folder.
- Refer to Change of Major/Program Policy in cases where the student wishes to return to Robert Morris in a different degree program.
Request for Reinstatement