The following are the criteria for the B. Kenneth Simon Free Enterprise Scholarship. Applicants must:
- Be enrolled as a high school senior.
- Be a resident for more than one year of one of the following Pennsylvania counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington, or Westmoreland.
- Possess a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Possess a combined SAT score of 1170 (critical reading and math) or higher or an ACT composite score of 24 or better.
- Secure a sponsoring teacher from high school to serve as an advisor for the research paper.
- Submit a research paper of between 2,500 and 3,000 words on a topic established annually by the scholarship selection committee.
- Application Deadline is Friday, December 9, 2016. Please click here to download a pdf application.
- Friday, Dec. 9, 2016
Application deadline for all students interested in the scholarship.
- Friday, Feb. 10, 2017
Research papers due for all candidates.
- Friday, Mar. 3, 2017 (approximately)
B. Kenneth Simon Free Enterprise Scholarship 2017 recipient chosen and notified.
TOPIC FOR RESEARCH PAPER FOR 2017 CANDIDATES
Click here to download the prompt.