The Academic Services Office serves under the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs.
The Academic Services Office has become an integral part of the student's academic growth. The department functions as the main resource for students, faculty, and staff seeking information and/or services relating to the academic affairs within this system.
Academic Services Office is located on the Moon Township campus and staffed by professional members equipped to administer student academic needs. The Moon Campus office is located in Patrick Henry Center on the Library level.
For information on all Academic Policies, click here.
- Approve course waiver/substitutions
- Approve early final examinations
- Determine the academic status of students
- Evaluate transfer credits
- Evaluate and process academic approval for directed/independent study and off-campus credit
- Interpret and administer academic rules and regulations
- Provide academic clearance for registration and reinstatements
- Administer the advisement system
- Arrange for and participate in freshman placement testing and advising
- Assign students to academic advisors
- Assist the faculty in the advisement system
- Maintain and distribute faculty advisement handbook
- Prepare and distribute the Course Schedule Booklet and Planner
- Announce changes in course offerings, programs, and degree requirements
- Provide information relating to academic affairs
- Serve as a referral source to other student support systems
- Audit graduation requirements
- Award degrees
- Maintain all academic records and files of registered students
- Prepare and maintain academic checksheets outlining graduation requirements
- Process change of majors
- Process course/school withdrawals
- Provide academic approval to students taking departmental and CLEP examinations
- Interpret CLEP scores and award academic credit
- Process attendance verification for deferments, insurance, and government programs
- Process change of name and address
- Provide cross-registration services with other member institutions of the Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education
- Registration services
- Process requests for official transcripts
Student questions that can be answered by the Academic Services Office Staff:
- Where do I obtain an Academic Checksheet for my major?
- How do I change my major, name, address, etc?
- How do I prepare for CLEP and/or Advanced Standing Examinations?
- What is the maximum number of credits I may take each semester at Robert Morris University?
- If I change my major course of study, how will my credits completed apply to the new major course of study?
- How many semesters may I miss before I need to be reinstated?
- When do I apply for graduation?
- Does a withdrawal affect my Q.P.A?