Driver's License-State ID: Robert Morris University Driver's License-State ID | Robert Morris University

Global Engagement

If you will be in the U.S. for more than one year and plan to drive while here, you must apply for a Pennsylvania driver’s license.

If you will be in the U.S. for less than one year (i.e., the expiration date on your I-20 or DS-2019 is less than one year away), you are not eligible for a driver’s license.

However, you may drive for your first year with a valid home country license and international driving permit.



Please see the  Department Of Motor Vehicles for the latest information on Pennsylvania driver’s licenses or state IDs.

List of drivers license offices in Pennsylvania

In addition to your driver's license, you also need the following items to drive legally in the United States:

1. Car Insurance

2. Car Registration (updated yearly)

3. Car Inspection (updated yearly)

Without these items you will be driving illegally and will be fined!

Questions? Please email Tabitha Savka.