Darcy B. Tannehill, Ed.D.
Vice President, Online & Off-Campus Programs (On-Line & Off Campus Programs)
Associate Professor of Education (Education)
412-397-6301 phone (M)
Patrick Henry 329
- Doctorate of Education, Higher Education Administration--Administration and Policy Studies, University of Pittsburgh, 2009
- Master of Science, Education, Duquesne University, 1986
- Certificate, Online Teaching and Learning, California State University-Hayward, CA, 1999
- Certificate, Mastery in Prior Learning Assessment, CAEL, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and Sociology, Duquesne University, 1978
- Vice President, Online and Off-Campus Programs-RMU (2010-present)
Responsible for online student services, faculty support for online course delivery (instructional design), off-campus initiatives and expansion, non-credit continuing education expansion, and corporate training expansion. Also hold the rank of Associate Professor of Graduate Education and Secondary Studies.
- President, Online Campus
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (2007-2010)
Established the Online Campus for TCS and was responsible for academic programs, faculty, and related functions, online student services, online financial services and financial aid, marketing, program creation, admissions and enrollment, and associated accreditation requirements. Also held the rank of assistant professor.
- Vice President, Online and Blended Learning-Argosy University (2005-2007)
Responsible for launching the fully online program division of AU as well as the online course delivery at 18 campus sites across the United States. Managed all associated services related to online delivery and students.
- Additional experiences include: counseling adults enrolled in adult basic education programs,teaching GED preparation and adult basic education courses, elementary school teaching, and research in cognitive psychology, predominantly in the disciplines of mathematics and physics.
- Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management-RMU (1997-1999)
Created and managed the University's first One-Stop Student Center, managed the student affairs offerings at the Pittsburgh Campus, created and supported the High School to College Initiative for 100 City of Pittsburgh high school students, responsible for recruitment and retention services for non-traditional students. Was also the Head of Adult and Continuing Education beginning in 1996).
- Associate Dean of Special Programs-RMU (1994-1996)
Responsible for the recruitment of international students, the recruitment and retention of weekend college students, and managed programming and advisement for all non-traditional students.
- Associate Director of Academic Services-RMU (1993-1994)
Served as academic advisor to 300 weekend college students and 800 evening students. Previous positions in academic services were Assistant Director (1991-1993) and Coordinator of Evening and Weekend Studies (1990-1991).
- Dean, School of Adult and Continuing Education -RMU (2002-2005)
Founding Dean of SACE. Managed admissions, student services, and faculty for SACE, the learning management system, and the downtown campus of RMU from 1999.
Area of Expertise/Research
- Andragogy, pedagogy as related to online instruction and design, non-traditional students, curriculum design, student services, leadership development, organizational systems and processes, and gender differences in leadership.
- 2012 Laverty, J.P., Wood. D., Tannehill, D. B., Kohun, F., & Turchek, J. (2012). Factors Affection the Usage of Online Course Delivery Tools. Issues in Information Systmes, 13 (2), 41-50.
- 2012 Laverty, J.P., Wood, D., Tannehill, D.B., Kohn, F., & Turcheck, J. (2012). Improving the LMS Selection Process: Instructor Concerns, Usage and Perceived Value of Online Course Delivery Tools. Information Systems Education Journal, 10(1), 75-88.
- 2009 Tannehill, D.B. (2009). Andragogy: How do post-secondary institutions educate and service adult learners? ProQuest, LLC.
- 2008 Tannehill, D., Murphy, M.E & Yeager, J.L. (2008). Assessment of adult learner’s prior learning experiences: A quality imperative. PAACE Journal of Lifelong Learning, 17.
- 2012 - Teaching Economics: Instruction and Classroom Based Research 23rd Annual Conference--Quality in Online Course Delivery: Issues and Solution
- 2011 - Carbon Zero-Belfast, Northern Ireland-Foundations for Building Sustainable Online Programs
- 2011 - MAACBA Annual Conference-
Academic Integrity and Assessment of Online Programs
- 2005 - Pittsburgh Technology Council's Innovation Day-
Adult Learning via E-Learning
- 2005 - University Continuing Education Association Conference
Best Practices Session Presentation- The RMU School of Adult and Continuing Education
- 2004 - Council for Adult and Experiential Learning International Conference-
Developing an Academic School for Non-traditional Students
- 2004 - C-CUE Regional Conference-
The Implementation of An Online Program Using eCollege
- 2004 - Continuing Education Association of Pennsylvania-
The Impact of Online Education on Programming
- 2003 - Council for Adult and Experiential Learning International Conference-
Creating a School Dedicated to All Things Nontraditional
- 2003 - Center for Internet Teaching in Education Conference-
Developing An Online Program From the Beginning
- 2002 - Syllabus Conference-The Development of An Online Program Comprised of Various Types of Hybrid Delivery Models
- 2002 - Center for Internet Teaching in Education Conference-
Creating An Online Program With Support From All Constituencies
- 2000 - Pennsylvania Association for Adult Continuing Education-
The ABC's of Online Learning
- 1999 - The First Year Experience Eighteenth Annual Conference-
Issues Affecting the Development and Persistence of Nontraditional Students on Campus
- 1996 - Conference-A Celebration of Women-
Program Offerings that Encourage the Return of Women to College
- 1990 - PAACE Conference-
Curriculum Designs for Training Workers in Basic Skills
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Tannehill, Darcy B
|SOCI1020-L1||-||ONLINE||F||Tannehill||4 (03/08-05/03/14)||21 Seats