Bruce A. Golmic, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor of Education (Education)
Coordinator, Principal Certification Program (Education)
412-397-5464 phone (M)
Nicholson Center 425
- Doctorate of Education, Elementary Education, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 1992
- Master of Education, Special Education Supervision, Slippery Rock State College, 1976
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education / Special Education, Slippery Rock State College, 1974
- PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS -
Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility; Elementary Principal; Supervisor of Special Education; Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction;
Instructional II Elementary K-6 / Mentally Retarded; Intermediate Unit Program Specialist
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE -
Robert Morris University, 2005-present; Chatham College, 2000-2004; Slippery Rock University, 2000-2002; Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 1989-1990; Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit (Special Education), 1976-1983.
- ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE - Director of Special Education and Professional Development, Elementary School Principal, Pine-Richland School District, 1990-2007; K-12 Curriculum Coordinator, Elementary School Principal, Slippery Rock Area School District, 1983-1990; Associate Director of Curriculum Services, Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit, 1976-1983.
Area of Expertise/Research
- Research interests are in special education and center on preparing pre-service teachers to create inclusive classrooms, differentiate instruction and apply the principles of universal design for learning.
- The focus of current research is to determine the effects of an INCLUDED Experience on the attitudes, sentiments
and concerns of pre-service teachers toward students with exceptional learning needs after student teaching in elementary and secondary education classrooms. The INCLUDED Experience is an eight step performance-based reflective child study of a pre-service teacher's attitude, concerns, knowledge, and skills during their
inclusion in the classroom. Results from recent studies provide evidence that after completing an INCLUDED
Experience, pre-service teachers had positive attitudes and decreased concerns toward inclusion. The overall
findings suggest that the INCLUDED Experience shows promise as a model that pre-service teachers should follow to
support, teach and engage students with exceptional learning needs in general education classrooms.
Golmic, B., & Hansen, M. (2012). Attitudes, sentiments, and concerns of pre-service teachers after their INCLUDED experience. International Journal of Special Education, 27(1), 27-36.
Golmic, B. (2011). Reflections of a pre-service business education teacher after including a student with a learning disability in a computer applications course. National Teacher Education Journal, 4(1), 61-70.
- 2012 - The INCLUDED Experience. Professional Topics Seminars, Robert Morris University.
- 2011 - IEPs for Pre-Service Teachers, PA Council for Exceptional Children, 52nd Annual Convention, Harrisburg, PA.
- 2011 - My INCLUDED Experience: a Pre-service Teacher's Reflections on Inclusion in a Secondary Education Classroom, Return to Campus Seminars, Robert Morris University.
- 2011 - Mock Interviews, Tips for Success, Professional Topics Seminars, Robert Morris University.
- 2009 - INCLUDED: a Pre-Service Teacher's Story of Inclusion. Robert Morris University.
- 2009 - Six Keys to a Differentiated Project, Business Education Conference, Robert Morris University.
- 2008 - Energizing Attitudes and Actions in Special Education, Education Conference, Robert Morris University.
- 2007 - Differentiating Your CIA (Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment), AIU County-wide Professional Development Day: Building on Student Success, Robert Morris University.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Bruce
|SPED0605-A||-||APPT||M||Golmic||5 (03/10-05/03/14)||18 Seats
|SPED0608-A||-||APPT||M||Golmic||3 (01/13-03/07/14)||17 Seats
|SPED4100-A||04:00-05:15 PM||M W||M||Golmic||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||5 Seats
|SPED6080-A||06:00-10:00 PM|| W||M||Golmic||3 (01/13-03/07/14)||19 Seats
|SPED6085-A||06:00-10:00 PM|| W||M||Golmic||5 (03/10-05/03/14)||17 Seats
|SPED0608-A||-||APPT||M||Golmic||2 (05/06-06/29/14)|| Seats
|SPED6080-A||06:00-10:00 PM|| W||M||Golmic||2 (05/06-06/29/14)|| Seats