Left Side of the Controller
The buttons on the left side of the controller control the power, volume and blank screen options.
||This function turns on the power to the projector only.|
Note: All other equipment (i.e. computer, VCR, VCR/DVD unit, document camera, rear camera, audio amplifier) must be manually turned on
||This function turns off the power to the projector only.|
||When you first turn on the projector, the ON button will blink for a few moments, as the projector is warming up, before solidly lighting.
When you turn off the projector, the video display immediately disappears from the screen and the OFF button will blink for a few moments as the projector cools down. During this period (approximately 1 minute), you will be unable to turn the projector back on. Once the light is solid, you will be able to turn on the projector once again by using the ON button.
||The volume control knob controls the strength of the volume for the device you are using. The lights beside the knob indicate the volume level, with the red light showing the highest volume level. Green lights will light up as you increase volume.|
||Turns the projected image into a blank screen.|
||Turns the projected image back to the source selected on the right side of the controller.|
Right Side of the Controller
The buttons on the right side of the controller allow you to select the device you want to use. Once selected, both the display and audio for the projector will originate from that device.
Possible Choices: LECTERN (PC)*, LAPTOP**, DOC CAM, DVD, VCR
*If you're using a USB key, use the USB Connector located in the black drawer in the stack beneath the Extron Controller.
** The laptop cables are located in the drawer beneath the podium where the controllers are mounted.
Directions for VCR/DVD Playback
- Push the button for VCR or DVD on the right side of the controller.
- Use the adjacent controller to control the individual functions of only the DVD/VCR combination unit.
- The yellow lights on the top left corner represent whether you are controlling the VCR or DVD.
||Calls the title options on the DVD, which allow you to choose a chapter on the DVD|
||Takes you to the main menu of a DVD|
||Selects the options on the main menu of a DVD|
||Makes a selection once the tuner is moved to the desired option on a DVD|
||This would be used in conjunction with a TV/VCR (Not active for us)|
||Reverts back a chapter on DVD or rewinds a VHS tape|
||Plays the DVD or VCR tape, it also restarts the DVD/tape when paused|
||Advances to the next chapter on a DVD or fast forwards a VHS tape|
||Pauses the media for both DVD and VHS tapes|
||Stops the media for both DVD and VHS tapes|
Directions for Recording Presentations on the VCR Unit
- Turn on the power to the recording VCR unit and to the audio amplifier.
- Make sure the VCR displays L1 on the front. Use the channel button on the left side of the recording VCR to change if necessary.
- Make sure the microphone works properly. Adjust volume on the Extron Controller.
- Insert a VHS tape into the VCR.
- Turn the power on to the camera in the back of the room by pushing the green power button on the remote control. A green light displays on the camera.
- Turn on the monitor next to the controller by pushing the power switch on top of the monitor. The camera feed will now display on the monitor, allowing you to focus the camera as necessary.
- Move the camera as necessary by using the 4 buttons (up, down, left and right) in the middle of the remote control.
- Zoom in by holding the T button located beneath the power button.
- Zoom out by pressing and holding the W button located beneath the power button.
- Once everything is in focus, press the record button on the VCR and begin the presentation.
- After the presentation is over, stop recording and remove your tape. If you want to playback the tape, make sure that you use the VCR/DVD unit (located above the recording VCR) to play the tape.