Web Request Procedures
1. Your request needs to be submitted to WebChanges@rmu.edu with a "Request for IT Services, Web" completed and attached.
- The request should include navigation to the pages, date needed, and supporting documentation (for example, screen shots).
- Requests for changes to online registration forms and course offerings must be submitted three weeks prior to the date that they are needed. If the registration form or application will be referenced within a brochure for mailing, the changes must be submitted to IT three weeks prior to the distribution of the printed materials.
- All other requests should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date required.
- Clarifications to content will first be addressed through a phone conversation. A Requirements Meeting may be scheduled, depending on the complexity of the changes requested.
- Your request will be acknowledged with notification via email of the completion date, the request number, and analyst assigned to the project.
2. A Requirements Meeting will be required for major projects to discuss project specifications, goals, timelines and tentative implementation dates.
- If a meeting is necessary, it will be scheduled within three business days of receipt of the request for clarification.
- A requirements document will be provided to you within one week of the meeting.
- You will be required to signoff on the requirements before development begins.
- A review/testing meeting will be scheduled to review the project before the final signoff.
3. An e-mail notification will be sent to you upon completion of the request. The e-mail will contain a test link to the page(s) which were modified.
- After reviewing the changes, reply with your approval or comments.
- Modifications will be posted to the production website by noon of the following business day after the approval e-mail has been received.