The Association of Future Accountants serves to assist students interested in pursuing careers in the field of accounting. Campus activities and professional development programs are offered by the organization.
The Association of Future Accountants (AFA) is an "information conduit" to Accounting majors at Robert Morris University. The organization's goal is to elicit member participation while providing professional development and insights regarding internships and full-time employment. The AFA believes that the services it provides are instrumental in giving its members "the edge" in the job hunt for accounting positions.
How to Become a Member
The AFA accepts any accounting major as a member, regardless of class level or standing. Transfer students are strongly encouraged to become members as well. Membership is extended each year by paying annual dues of $10, which will be collected by the AFA's Treasurer.
Benefits of Membership
- Professional presentations from national, regional, and local CPA firms, as well as government and industry employers
- Updates on the CPA exam and other professional certifications
- Contacts with numerous potential employers
- Information on internships and full-time employment
- Feedback from the AFA Alumni Network
- Tips on interviews, networking, resumes, and the job hunt
- Professor recommendations
- Information on various professional development opportunities - e.g. ways to become PICPA or AICPA student members, available scholarships, etc.
To contact the AFA directly, send an e-mail to email@example.com.