The mission of the Office of Multicultural Student Services is to create an environment where individual differences are embraced, all possess an inclusive mindset, and everyone, despite their differences feels free to immerse themselves in the Robert Morris community experience.
Multicultural Student Services will strive to:
- Serve as a leader in diversity and inclusion efforts in the RMU community.
- Help create an environment where students will feel safe to be themselves at RMU.
- Strive to see all members of our community respect difference.
- Generate pride in students' individual cultures.
- Foster appreciation and awareness of other cultures.
- Aid minority students in persisting through their education to graduation.
- Demonstrate and educate the community on what it means to be a good citizen.
- Develop a stronger sense of community among students, faculty, and staff.
- Enhance the students' overall college experience.
“Ultimately, it’s about more than being diverse. It’s about serving others, one person at a time.”
-Sam Jampetro, RMU Campus Ministry