The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Professional Communications and Information Systems degree program prepares graduates to work in areas of technology or in positions that require a high level of interaction through technology and communications. It is an accelerated evening and on-line program primarily designed for those with prior work experience. This program is an interdisciplinary program merging Computer Information Systems, Communication, and Organizational Leadership.
This program expands a student’s analytical thinking and creativity, and provides the skills to apply knowledge of information systems and communication in a variety of contexts, including information technology applications, interfaces with human users, support software, communication problems and strategies, and the design of information for a variety of users and contexts.
The program will enhance skills already learned in the workplace and provide a foundation for acquiring new skills, such as systems theory and design or decision support systems, to support organizational decision-making processes. Its focus on communications within various organizational contexts allows a student to increase his or her skills in both verbal and written communications.
The 120-credit hour curriculum has three components:
- Robert Morris University Core - 39 credits
These are the traditional liberal arts requirements of the University. Studies in humanities, communications skills, and social, behavioral, natural and quantitative sciences are included.
- Communications and Information Systems - 36 credits
This is the major field of study and includes six courses in communications and six courses in information systems.
- MAJOR 36 Credits Required
* 3 credits COMM2550 Interpersonal Communication
* 3 credits COMM2600 Intro To Human Communications
* 3 credits COMM2700 Organizational Communication
* 3 credits COMM2800 Strategic Writing
* 3 credits COMM3030 Professional Writing
* 3 credits COMM4800 Media Management
* 3 credits INFS2150 Intro To Web Dev & E-Comm Tech
* 3 credits INFS2470 Decision Support Systems
* 3 credits INFS3210 Operating Systems Concepts
* 3 credits INFS3220 Systems Analysis and Design
* 3 credits INFS4240 Database Management System
* 3 credits INFS2480 Telecommunications for Information Systems Professionals
MINOR/FOCUS/OPEN ELECTIVES 45 Credits Required
Required Courses: Detailed Checksheet