The School of Engineering, Mathematics and Science offers graduate and undergraduate degrees showcasing the best of RMU's practical, real-world philosophy of engaged and applied learning. In biology, environmental science, pre-med, mechanical engineering, and actuarial science, our professors are experts in their fields.
Close ties to the business world allow our students to tackle real problems under the guidance of their professors. Internships and research are key to our curriculum, helping our graduates get jobs. Students work with sophisticated lab equipment, such as our 7,500-square-foot Engineering Learning Factory.
RMU's focus on communication and business skills give graduates an advantage in the job market. All of our students enjoy small class sizes and personal attention to make RMU a special place to learn.
What else makes us special?
- On-campus programs where high school students can earn up to 10 college credits toward a degree
- Pennsylvania's only accreedited bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering
- An Actuarial Science Program that is one of only 13 in the U.S. designated a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
- An actuarial science degree that is one of only 60 in the United States
- Pre-med linkage programs that can guarantee acceptance at Drexel University College of Medicine/Allegheny General Hospital, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, and Palmer College of Chiropractic
- National Science Foundation-funded scholarships worth $24,000 to 21 undergraduate students