Mental and Physical Requirements for Applicants
Applicants seeking admission to the Nuclear Medicine Technology Program must be able to:
- Visually observe and assess a patient, discriminate color and depth, read and accurately complete reports, and visualize diagnostic/monitoring equipment in dimmed light.
- Possess the auditory capabilities to monitor and assess patient health needs, monitor various equipment and background sounds, and communicate by telephone.
- Verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Communicate sufficiently to interact with others in appropriate professional verbal and written form.
- Read and interpret relevant medical data from patients’ charts, reports, and orders.
- Safely lift and transfer patients to accomplish bed/chair/stretcher transfer with assistance or assistive devices.
- Safely push a gurney or wheelchair.
- Stand or sit for an extended period of time.
- Demonstrate sufficient manual dexterity necessary to perform activities specific to this professional program.
- Possess critical thinking skills sufficient to think clearly and act professionally, safely, and accurately in stressful situations.
- Professionally interact with individuals, families, and groups from a variety of social, emotional, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
Approved NMED Faculty 04/2007