- Ph.D., Economics, Penn State University, 1987
- Master of Arts, Asian Studies, University of the Philippines, 1978
- Certificate, Economic Planning, University of Tsukuba, 1981
- Certificate, Japanese Language & Culture, Osaka Gaidai, 1978
- BSBA & Accountancy, Managerial Accounting, University of the Philippines, 1977
- Management Analyst, Institute for Small Scale Industries, University of the Philippines (October, 1977 - September, 1978).
- Intern- Mergers and franchises, Federal Trade Commission - Antitrust Division, Summer 1982.
- Research Assistant, Institute for Policy Research & Evaluation, Penn State University[USDA Project: Determinants of Seafood Consumption in the U.S.,June, 1982 - August, 1984.
- Management Auditor [Regional Government Agencies], Business Research Foundation, University of the Philippines (May, 1975 - April, 1977).
Area of Expertise/Research
- Public Policy on health care access/financing
- Electronic health records
- Regulation of Financial Institutions
- Cost-effectiveness evaluation of alternative medical interventions
- Public Policy Debate on Reducing the National Debt
- Measures of health outcomes
- Holstein, Adora, Brian O'Roark, and Min Lu (2012)."Determinants of the Home Price-Income Relationship: 1990-2011", Global Journal of Business Research, Forthcoming.
- Tu, Yanbin, Steven Clinton, and Adora Holstein (2012). "Insights into Online Auction Market Structure of eBay in 2006-2007: A Historical Perspective," MIS Review. Forthcoming.
- Holstein, Adora (2012). "The Dodd-Frank Act of 2010: How Well Does It Address Regulatory Gaps and Market Failures that Led to the Housing Bubble?" Journal of Business and Accounting. Under Review.
- Tu, Yanbin, Min Lu, and Adora Holstein (2012). "Dynamic Transaction Environment and Market Efficiency of Electronic Marketplaces," International Journal of Electronic Business. Under Review.
- Holstein, Adora (2012). "The Dodd- Frank 'Wall Street Reform' Act of 2010: Is Our Financial System More Stable Now?" Proceedings of the Pennsylvania Economic Association Conference, Clarion University, May 31~June 2, 2012.
- Holstein, Adora, Patrick Litzinger, and John Dunn (2010). Optimizing the Use of the Fiscal Stimulus for Health IT in the U.S. Global Journal of Business Research, 4(2): 63-76.
- Holstein, Adora & Patrick Litzinger (2008). Health Care System Financing and Design - Convergent Trends in N. America and Europe. International Business and Economics Research Journal, 7(10).
- Holstein, Adora and Stephen Foreman (2007). Interstate Variances in Health Outcomes and Medicaid Program Generosity. Pennsylvania Economic Review, 15 (2).
- Holstein, Adora (2007). Public Subsidy of Health Care and Health Outcomes in OECD Countries. International Business and Economics Research Journal, 6 (12), 47-51.
- Holstein, Adora and Stephen Foreman (2006). Cross-State Variances in Health Outcomes and Expenditures. Proceedings of the Pennsylvania Economic Association's Annual Meeting, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, pp. 102-116.
- Holstein, Adora (2004). Health Outcomes and the Cost-Quality Trade-Off in Health Care: Empirical Study of OECD Countries. International Business and Economics Research Journal, 3 (7).
- Holstein, Adora (2004). Effects of Public Subsidy on Health Care Cost and Health Outcomes: Empirical Study of OECD Countries. Proceedings of the Pennsylvania Economic Association Conference, June 10~12, Robert Morris University, pp. 51-56.
- Delos Santos, Adora and Xun Pomponio (1993). Causality Tests of the Comparative Effects of Direct Investments from Japan, Europe and Canada on the U.S. Trade Deficit: 1980-1990. Best Papers Proceedings, 35th International Atlantic Economic Conference, Atlantic Ecnomic Society, Brussels, Belgium, July 1993, 3(2).
- Bonitsis, T. Homer and Adora Delos Santos (1992). Has Japanese Direct Investment Stimulated R&D and Investment by U.S. Industries? Proceedings of the Conference on Economic Integrations in Asia, The Asian Institute, St. John's University.
- 2012 - Holstein, Adora (2012). The Dodd-Frank ?Wall Street Reform? Act of 2010: Is our Financial System More Stable Now? Paper presented at the Pennsylvania Economic Association Conference, May 31~June 2, 2012, Clarion University, PA.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Adora
|ECON1010-L2||-||ONLINE||F||Holstein||4 (03/08-05/03/14)||1 Seats
|ECON1010-A||11:00-11:50 AM||M W F||M||Holstein||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||3 Seats
|ECON4500-L1||-||ONLINE||F||Holstein||2 (01/11-03/07/14)||16 Seats
|ECON1010-L2||-||ONLINE||F||Holstein||8 (06/30-08/21/14)|| Seats