Carl A. Ross, Ph.D., CRNP, CNE
Coordinator, Test for Success Prog & Int'l Nursing (Nursing)
University Professor of Nursing (Nursing)
412-397-6809 phone (M)
John Jay 222
- Ph.D., Transcultural Nursing, Duquesne University, 2000
- Post Masters Certificate , Family Nurse Practitioner, Duquesne University, 2002
- Post Masters Certificate , Transcultural Nursing, Duquesne University, 2000
- Master of Science in Nursing, Nursing Education, Duquesne University, 1994
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, 1985
- Bachelor of Science, Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 1979
- 2005-Present: University Professor of Nursing, Robert Morris University School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- 2002-Present: Genesis Medical Associate-Family Nurse Practitioner
- 2010-Present Director of Creative Planning and Programs: LifeStyle Directions, Inc.
- 2011- Present: Consultant to Ohio Northern University Nursing Faculty for Promotion and Tenure
- 2002-2005: Director: Center for International Nursing
- 1994-2005: Associate Professor of Nursing, Duquesne University School of Nursing
- 1989-1994: Teaching Specialist UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing
- 1985-2002: Critical Care Staff Nurse: UPMC Shadyside
Area of Expertise/Research
- Family Nurse Practitioner: Long-term Care: Geriatrics
- Family Nurse Practitioner-Family Practice
- Men's Health
- Health Promotion and Illness Prevention
- Transcultural/International Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Test-Taking Stratgies and
- Ross, C. (2011). The Theory of Endurance of Nicaraguan Men, Published in peer-reviewed journal in Nicaragua
- Howard, V., Ross, C., Mitchell, A., & Nelson, G. (2010). Human Patient Simulators and interactive Case Studies: A comparative Analysis of Learning Outcomes and Student Perceptions. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. (January/February 2010)
- Ross C. (2007). Nicaragua: an example of commitments and strengths despite problems of poverty. J Prof Nurs; 2007 Nov-Dec;23(6):e9-12
- Ross, C. (2002). The theory of endurance of Nicaraguan men. Home Health Care Management & Practice. (14), 6, pp.448-451
- Roberts, E. & Ross, C. (2002). Borderlands: A blurring of two worlds-Implications for international health care. Home Health Care Management & Practice. (14), 6, pp. 461-465
- Ross, C. & Leonardo, M. (2001). Palpatations: Recognizing and deciphering these challenging clues will lead to appropriate intervention and referral. American Journal of Nursing
- Ross, C. (2000). Developing low-cost clinical teaching tools. Nurse Educator
- Ross, C. (2000). Benefits of cooperative learning groups when preparing for the NCLEX-RN. Nurse Educator
- Ross, C. (2000). Dialysis Disequalibrium Syndrome: Early recognition of signs and symptoms of the syndrome and appropriate treatment may prevent a life-threatening situation! American Journal of Nursing
- Ross, C., (1999). Building bridges to promote globalization in Nursing: The development of a Hermanamiento. Journal of Transculltural Nursing
- Ross, C. , Winter, K. & Mossesso, V. (1999). Bystander CPR in Two Predominantly African-American Communities. Topics in Emergency Medicine
- Ross, C.A. (1998). Preparing American and Nicaraguan nurses to practice home health nursing in a transcultural experience. Home Health Care Management & Practice,11(1), 66-70
- 2003 - Sigma Theta Tau; Revitalizing a Special Nicaraguan Community (Barrio Panorama): Utilizing Participant Action Research Methodology: Partnership between Duquesne University Center for International Nursing (CIN), Center for Health Care Diversity (CHCD), the Universidad de Polytechnica De Nicaragua (UPOLI), and the residents of Barrio Panorama.
- 2004 - Transcultural Nursing Society: "Overcoming vulnerability: an evidence-based practice model in a men's health clinic for high-risk men in Managua, Nicaragua"
- 1998 - 11th Annual Critical Care Nursing: Quest for Excellence,
Title: Expanding critical care nursing in developing countries through a Sisterschool ?Hermanamieto? collaboration: Using Nicaragua as a model.
- 2003 - Sigma Theta Tau; Evidence-Based Practice Preconference, ?Building Bridges to Promote Globalization in Nursing Through the Development of a Hermanamiento (Sister School): An Evidenced-Based Model.
- 1997 - Symposium presented by Duquesne University School of Nursing, Center for International Nursing, Title: Development of a comprehensive model for international partnerships in education and service using Nicaragua as a model: Indications for international application?. Title: Sisterschool "Hermanamiento" activities. International Council Of Nurses.
- 2004 - Transcultural Nursing Society Annual Conference: "Using participatory action research to understand healthcare needs of a poor Nicaraguan community in Jinotega, Nicaragua"
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Carl
|NURS1030-A||-||ONLINE||I||Ross||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||0 Seats
|NURS2010-B||01:00-02:50 PM||M||M||Ross||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||3 Seats
|NURS2010-D||10:00-11:50 AM|| W||M||Ross||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||21 Seats
|NURS2010-A||10:00-11:50 AM||M||M||Ross||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||14 Seats
|NURS2060-B||10:00-11:50 AM|| F||M||Ross||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||-3 Seats
|NURS2060-A||12:00-01:50 PM|| W||M||Ross||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||34 Seats
|NURS3012-A||-||ONLINE||I||Ross||5 (03/10-05/03/14)||21 Seats