- Ph.D., Management Information Systems, Minored in Economics and Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin, 2000
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering and Telecommunications, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, 1994
- 2000-2005 Assistant Professor, Department of Information Systems and Operations Management, Goizueta Business School, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- 2005-2006 Visiting Professor, Department of Management Information Systems, Lee Business School, University of Nevada at Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
- 2006-2012 Professor and Faculty Lead (CIS-BSCS and CBA-PhD), College of Business Administration, College of Information Systems, Trident University International, Cypress, CA
Area of Expertise/Research
- E-commerce and E-learning
- Decision Science and Data Analysis
- Auction and Pricing
- Security and Assurance
- 2011 - "Management of Change to Ensure IS Success: A Longitudinal Study." Pauline Ash, Wenli Wang, Jerry Chang, and Geoffrey Hubona. Proceeding of the International Conference on Information Systems. Shanghai, China, December 2011. Paper 31.
- 2010 - "Deterring Adolescent Dependency on Text Messaging: A Conceptual Model and Framework for Behavior Control." Tom Barto and Wenli Wang. Proceeding of the 16th Americas conference on Information Systems. Lima, Peru, August 2010.
- 2008 - "The Benefits of Unexpected Informal Customer Support from Vendors in Online Communities." Yitshak Merin and Wenli Wang. Proceedings of the 14th Americas Conference on Information Systems. Toronto, CA, August 2008.
- 2007 - "Current Research on List Prices in Online Auctions." invited keynote speech, 2007 Annual Conference of the China Information Economic Society. Harbin, China, Jan 6-8, 2007.
- 2005 - "To the Question 'Does IT Matter?' Hollywood Answers 'Yes'." David A. Cook and Wenli Wang. Proceedings of the 38th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. Hawaii, January 2005.
- 2005 - "General Guidelines of Internal Control over Internet-based Electronic Commerce." Wenli Wang and Minnie Yi-Min Yen. Asia Pacific Decision Science Institute. Taiwan, June 2005.
- 2004 - "The IS Framework for Preserving Dance Heritage." Wenli Wang. Pre-ICIS04 Workshop on e-Culture, U-Tourism and Virtual Heritage. Washington D.C., December 2004.
- 2004 - "Preserving and Interpreting Culture Heritage: Lessons Learned from Film Restoration." Wenli Wang and David A. Cook. Pre-ICIS04 Workshop on e-Culture, U-Tourism and Virtual Heritage. Washington D.C., December 2004.
- 2003 - "Sequential Auctions with Shill Bidding." Zoltan Hidvegi, Wenli Wang, and Andrew B. Whinston. The Fifth International Conference on Electronic Commerce. Pittsburgh, Oct 2003.
- 2002 - "Buy-price English Auction." Zoltan Hidvegi, Wenli Wang, and Andrew B. Whinston. Workshop for Information Systems and Economics. Barcelona, Spain. December 2002.
- 2002 - "Shill Bidding in Multi-round Online Auctions." Zoltan Hidvegi, Wenli Wang, and Andrew B. Whinston. Proceedings of 35th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. Jan 2002.
- 2001 - "An e-Risk Primer." Xenia Ley Parker, CFSA. Acknowledged collaborative effort. The Institute of Internal Auditors Research Foundation. Altamonte Springs, Florida. 2001.
- 2000 - "Economic Mechanism Design for Securing Online Auctions." Wenli Wang, Zoltan Hidvegi, and Andrew B. Whinston. Proceeding of Twenty-first International Conference on Information Systems. Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, December 2000, pp. 676-680.
- 2000 - "Designing Secure Mechanisms for Online Processes." Wenli Wang, Zoltan Hidvegi, and Andrew B. Whinston. Proceeding -- International Conference on Electronic Commerce. Seoul, Korea, August, 2000, pp. 312-318.
- 1999 - "Digital Systems Design ? An Example for Efficient Web-based Training.? Michael Wahl, Wenli Wang, and Rainer Bruck. IEEE Workshop on Design, Test and Applications. Dubrovnik, 1999.
- 1998 - "General Guidelines of Internal Control over Internet-based Electronic Commerce."Andrew D. Baily, Anitesh Barua, Wenli Wang, Andrew B. Whinston, and Minnie Yi-Min Yen, Proceedings of 1998 Administrative Sciences Conferences: New Horizons & Role in Development, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 1998.
- 1997 - "Binary Multi-Unit eAuction Robust Against Buyer False-name Bidding." Wenli Wang, Zoltan Hidvegi, and Andrew B. Whinston. Internet Productivity Conference. Austin, TX. 1997.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Wenli
|INFS3220-C1||03:30-04:45 PM|| T R||M||Wang||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||2 Seats
|INFS3220-C2||06:00-08:50 PM|| R||M||Wang||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||4 Seats
|INFS3221-A||-||ONLINE||I||Wang||4 (10/19-12/14/13)||1 Seats
|INFS3235-A||06:00-08:50 PM|| W||M||Wang||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||22 Seats
|INFS1020-P||12:30-01:45 PM|| T R||M||Wang||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||0 Seats
|INFS3221-A||06:00-08:50 PM||M||M||Wang||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||2 Seats
|INFS3235-A||06:00-08:50 PM|| R||M||Wang||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||18 Seats