Robert G. Beaves, Ph.D.
Professor of Finance (Finance)
412-397-6391 phone (M)
Massey Hall 212
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Loras College, 1970
- J.D., Law, University of Iowa, 1980
- Ph.D., Finance and Management Science, University of Iowa, 1978
- Certified Financial Planner
Area of Expertise/Research
- Capital Budgeting
- Financial Planning, Investment and Portfolio Planning, Retirement Planning
- "Defining Project Scale", The Engineering Economist, Vol. 50, No. 3 (2005), pps. 295-302, (with Richard Stolz).
- "Project Analysis Using Rte-of-Return Criteria," Engineering Handbook (2nd Ed.), Edited by Richard C. Dorf, CRC Press in cooperation with IEEE Press (2005), pps. 203-1 throught 203-7.
- "Asset Valuation Methods", Technology Management Handbook, Edited by Richard C. Dorf, CRC Press (1999), pps. 8-7 through 8-11.
- "DCF Capital Budgeting Criteria," Advances in Financial Education, Vol. 8, Nos. 1&2 (2010), pps. 73-87, (with Ricard Stolz).
- "Comment on 'Interpreting Rates of Return: A Modified-Rate Approach,'" Financial Practice and Education, Vol. 4, No. 2 (1994), pps. 136-137.
- "The Case for a Generalized Net Present Value Formula," The Engineering Economist, Vol. 38, No. 2 (1993), pps. 119-133.
- "Net Present Value and Rate of Return: Implicit and Explicit Reinvestment Assumptions," The Engineering Economist, Vol 33, No. 4 (1988), pps. 275-302; and "Addendum," The Engineering Economist, Vol. 34, No. 3 (1989), pps. 269-270.
- "Cost Effectiveness: How Should It Be Determined?" Evaluation and the Health Care Professions, Vol. 11, No. 2 (1988) pps. 213-230, (with H. Joseph, J. Rohrer and R. Zeitler).
- "Roth Conversion in 2010 Creates Unique Financial Planning Opportunities for High Income Taxpayers" Journal of Taxation of Investments, Vol. 27, No. 2 (2010), pps. 41-55, (with Katherine Heatherington and Lois Bryan)
- 2006 - "Faculty - The Fundamental Resource: Recruiting Business School Faculty for Strategic Advantage," presented at January, 2006 conference of The International Academy of Business and Public Adminstration Disciplines, (with G. Miaoulis and R. Stolz).
- 1987 - "An Analysis of the Annual Operating Costs of the Fiji School of Medicine," consulting report presented to the U.S. Agency for International Development, the government of Fiji and the Fiji School of Medicine, (March, 1987).
- 1980 - "The Effects of Competition and Risk on the Pricing of Commercial Bank Intermediation," presented at the spring, 1980 national meeting of the Financial Management Association, (with J. Woolridge).
- 1989 - "Changing Bank Investment Accounts: The Effects of the 1086 Tax Reform Act," presented at March, 1989 meeting of the Midwest Finance and Midwest Economics Associations, (with H. Joseph).
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Robert
|FINA3100-A||02:00-03:15 PM|| T R||M||Beaves||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||3 Seats
|FINA3100-B||06:00-08:50 PM|| W||M||Beaves||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||11 Seats
|FINA3300-A||03:30-04:45 PM|| T R||M||Beaves||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||3 Seats