David L. Jamison, J.D.
Provost & Senior Vice President, Academic Affairs (Office of the Provost)
Professor of Communications (Communications)
412-397-6225 phone (M)
Patrick Henry 211
- J.D. (Cum Laude), University of Michigan Law School, 1969
- B.A. (Summa Cum Laude), Muskingum College, 1965
- M.A. , Communication, University of Michigan, 1967
- 2008 - Present: Provost, Robert Morris University
- 2002 - 2008: Dean, School of Communications & Information Systems, Robert Morris University
- 2002 - Present: Professor of Communication, Robert Morris University
- 1969 - 1972: Foreign Service Officer, United States Information Agency
- 1987 - 2002: Adjunct Faculty, University of Akron Law School
- 1997 - 2002: Adjunct Faculty, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
- 1972 - 2002: Faculty, Department of Communication, University of Akron
Area of Expertise/Research
- Mass Media & Journalism Law
- Intercultural Communication
- First Amendment Jurisprudence
- David Jamison (with Alan Hart). English translation of Michel Meyer's Of Problematology (University of Chicago 1995)
- Tedford, Makay and Jamison (eds): Perspectives on Freedom of Speech (Southern Illinois University Press 1987)
- Academic Papers Venues:
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Speech Communication Association
- University of Missouri Conference on Missouri ex rel Gaines v Holland
- SIETAR (Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research)
- Central States Communication Association
- Pennsylvania Communication Association
- Communication Association of Ohio
- Representative Articles:
- "Michel Meyer's Philosophy of Problematology: Toward a New Theory of Argument," Argumentation 5, 1991, 57-68.
- (With James L. Golden): "Meyer's Theory of Problematology," Questioning Exchange 1988, Vol. 2, No. 2 pp 149-163.
- "State Constitutional Guarantees and Free Speech," Free Speech Newsletter 1986, No. 59, pp 9-14.
- "Guarding Religious freedom: the Supreme Court Confronts a Basic Cultural Elaboration," Ohio Speech Journal 1981, Vol. 19, pp 106-119.
- "Lipp v Procunier: A Test Case for Free Expression of Religious Ideas," Free Speech Newsletter 1981, No. 50, pp 13-20.
- "Parliamentary Confidentiality and Free Speech: A Legal View," Free Speech Yearbook 1977, pp 33-45.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Jamison, David L
Fall 2013: Doctorate
|DISC8140-A||-||APPT||M||Jamison||1 (08/19-12/14/13)||17 Seats
|DISC9520-A||-||APPT||M||Jamison||1 (08/19-12/14/13)||0 Seats
|POLS3020-A||03:30-04:45 PM|| T R||M||Jamison||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||23 Seats
Spring 2014: Doctora
|DISC9510-E||-||APPT||M||Jamison||2 (01/06-05/03/14)||0 Seats
|DISC9530-A||-||APPT||M||Jamison||1 (01/06-05/03/14)||0 Seats