Susan W. Parker, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Education (Education)
Coordinator, Early Childhood/Special Ed. Programs (Education)
412-397-6245 phone (M)
Nicholson Center 417
- Ph.D., Special Education/Early Intervention, University of Pittsburgh, 2008
- Master of Education, Special Education, Pennsylvania State University, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts, Commmunication Studies, Pennsylvania State University, 1985
- Westminster College,
New Wilmington, PA
Assistant Professor of Special Education
- Point Park University,
Visiting Professor of Special Education
- Univeristy of Pittsburgh,
Graduate Student Researcher & UCLID Fellow
- Chester County Intermediate Unit, Exton, PA, Service Coordinator, Classroom Teacher, Home Visitor
- Ken-Crest Services, Philadelphia, PA, Early Intervention Classroom Teacher
- Allegheny County Intermediate Unit, Pittsburgh, PA Headstart Classroom Teacher & Home Visitor
Area of Expertise/Research
- The concept of gracious space and how it relates to the classroom environment
- Perceptions of hope for families of young children with disabilities
- Social issues related to young children with disabilities
- 2012 - Recognizing Developmental Red Flags-
Workshop for the Early Childhood Initiative in conjunction with the Laughlin Center, a NAEYC accredited preschool in Sewickley, PA.
- 2011 - Linking PA Standards to Lesson Planning- Early Childhood Initiative
- 2010 - Gracious Space
Parker, S.W., Wolf, T., Brletic,C., Seiger, L., Tittinger, R., Fedon, K.
at the PA-CEC conference in State College, PA
- 2009 - Accommodating a split Student-Teaching Placement - Domanski, L., Parker, S.W., Gettemy, C. Cunningham, J., Shiner, R., Kushner, K., Byers, J.
Slippery Rock University Student Teacher Supervision Conference.
- 2008 - Identifying Developmental Red Flags - Project ECHO
- 2001 - Strategies for Developing/Using Video in Personnel Preparation
Tepe, J.H., Kaczmarek, L.A., Parker, S.W., Knoll, D.
Presented at the Council for Exceptional Children?s Division of Early Childhood Annual Conference, Boston, MA.
- 2001 - Home-School Communication Books: A discussion of Strategies
Kaczmarek, L.A., Paker, S.W., Brown, M., Tepe, J.H.
Presented at the state wide early intervention annual conference, Hershey, PA.
- 2000 - Communication Notebooks: A Content Analysis
Kaczmarek, L.A., Parker, S.W., Shair, E., Laughlin, J., Tepe, J.H., Brown, M.
Presented at the Council for Exceptional Children?s Division of Early Childhood
Annual Conference, Albuquerque, NM.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Parker, Susan W
|ECED0210-A||-||APPT||M||Parker||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||1 Seats
|ECED2100-A||09:30-10:45 AM|| T R||M||Parker||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||0 Seats
|ECED2500-A||11:00-12:15 PM|| T R||M||Parker||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||4 Seats
|SPED0301-A||-||APPT||M||Parker||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||11 Seats
|SPED3010-A||03:30-04:45 PM|| T R||M||Parker||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||11 Seats
|ECED3060-A||01:00-01:50 PM||M W F||M||Parker||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||9 Seats
|SPED0301-B||-||APPT||M||Parker||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||9 Seats
|SPED3010-B||06:00-08:50 PM||M||M||Parker||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||9 Seats