- Ph.D., Journalism, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 2010
- M.A., Journalism, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 2007
- B.A., Public Relations & Advertising, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea, 2005
Area of Expertise/Research
- Her research interests include environmental risk, health, and crisis communication, such as consumer health crisis management, public health crisis communication, and corporate sustainability communication.
- Lee, H., Lee, Y., Park, S., Willis, E., & Cameron, G. T. (2013, in press). What are Americans seeing? Examining the Gain and Loss Frames of Local Health News Stories. Health Communication.
- Bae, J., & Park, S. (2011). Socio-contextual Influences on Korean Journalists' One-Way Meta Interpretation Toward Samsung's $847.6 Million Donation. Journal of Public Relations Research, 23(2), 141-166.
- Park, S., Len-Ríos, M. E., & Hinnant, A. (2010). How
intrinsic and extrinsic news factors affect health journalists’
cognitive and behavioural attitudes toward media relations. Prism, 7(1):
- Lee, H., Park, S., Lee, Y., & Cameron, G. T. (2010). Assessment of Motion Media on Believability and Credibility: An Exploratory Study. Public Relations Review, 36(3), 310-312.
- Jin, Y., Park, S.,
& Len-Ríos, M. E. (2010). Strategic Communication of Hope and
Anger: A Case of Duke University’s Conflict Management with Multiple
Publics. Public Relations Review, 36(1), 63-65.
- Park, S.,
& Len-Ríos, M. E. (2010). Who suffers? The effect of injured party
on attributions of crisis responsibility. In W. T. Coombs & S. J.
Holladay (Eds.), Handbook of crisis communication (pp. 591-606). Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Len-Ríos, M. E., Hinnant, A., Park, S.,
Cameron, G. T., Frisby, C. M., & Lee, Y. (2009). Health news
agenda-building: Journalists’ perceptions of the role of public
relations. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, 86(2), 315-331.
- Len-Ríos, M. E., Hinnant, A., & Park, S. (2009). Understanding how health journalists judge public relations sources: A rules theory approach. Public Relations Review, 35(1), 56-65.
- Park, S. (2008). Consumer health crisis management: Apple's crisis responsibility for iPod-related hearing loss. Public Relations Review, 34(4), 396-398.
- Len-Ríos, M. E., Park, S., Cameron, G. T., Luke, D. A., & Kreuter, M. (2008). Study asks if reporter's gender or audience predict paper's cancer coverage. Newspaper Research Journal, 29(2), 91-99.
- 2011 - Sun,Y., Park, S., Prasad, A., & Cameron, G. T. Multimedia Effects of Online Medical Tourism Promotion on Consumes? Attention, Veridicality, Recognition, and Purchase intention. Paper presented at the American Academy of Advertising Asia-Pacific Conference, June, Brisbane, Australia.
- 2010 - Willis, E., Lee., Y., Park, S., Lee, H., & Cameron, G. T. "Reality check?": Applying domains of health literacy to local television health news. Paper presented at the Health Literacy Research Conference, October, Bethesda, MD.
- 2010 - Park, S., Lee, Y., Lee, H., Willis, E., & Cameron G. T. The Making of Local TV Health News: Relationships Between Gender, Source, Topic, and Tone. Paper presented at the National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing and Media, Atlanta, GA.
- 2010 - Lee, H., Lee, Y., Park, S., & Willis, E. What are Americans seeing? Examining the Gain and Loss Frames of Local Health News Stories. Paper presented to Mass Communication & Society Division at the annual meeting of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC), Denver, CO.
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Park, Sun-A
|COMM2000-B||11:00-12:15 PM|| T R||M||Park||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||3 Seats
|COMM3130-A||09:30-10:45 AM|| T R||M||Park||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||19 Seats
|COMM4010-A||02:00-03:15 PM|| T R||M||Park||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||3 Seats
|COMM2000-A||11:00-11:50 AM||M W F||M||Park||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||10 Seats
|COMM4010-A||12:00-12:50 PM||M W F||M||Park||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||17 Seats
|COMM4030-A||10:00-10:50 AM||M W F||M||Park||1 (01/13-05/03/14)||0 Seats