We bring you fresh, home-style food at our convenient campus dining locations.
An assortment of flexible plans allows you to choose one that best fits your lifestyle. Whether you’re a campus resident who eats the majority of your meals at the Food Court or a commuter who catches a few lunches per week at RoMo’s Café, RMU offers the right option for you.
First-year resident students are required to participate in a dining plan.
Your official RMU photo ID is your key to campus dining. It must be used for resident meal plans and also can be used to save the 7% sales tax for cash purchase at any campus food service location. Meal plans are priced per semester. Any unspent balance will expire at the end of the semester and cannot be refunded.
Meals are served in the centrally located Nicholson Center at the second-floor Food Court and third-floor RoMo’s Café.
PNC Colonial Cafe
The Salad Bar
features fresh vegetables, homemade dressings, assorted grains and more pre-made salad choices. During breakfast hours, A Greek yogurt bar offers a fresh variety of yogurts and seasonal toppings.
- Fresh made seasoned wraps with assorted toppings
- Grilled chicken and beef offered daily with rotating featured specials including salmon, hand breaded chicken tenders, calamari, and shrimp.
- Spaghetti pasta bowls with the choice of Alfredo and Pomodoro sauces. A specialty sauce will also be added each day.
- A variety of fresh toppings will be available for both the wraps and the pasta bowls. Examples of offerings available on a rotation are roasted vegetables, bruschetta topping, Tuscan white beans, mushrooms, arugula,spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, caponata, artichokes, faro, banana peppers, roasted red peppers
Rustica features pizzas that take on a real Rustic Italian feel and taste, as smaller individual pizzas are offered with gourmet toppings, such as fresh Italian meats, cheeses, and sauces, which will be coming out of the flaming oven, piping hot. Fresh baked pasta casseroles, calzones, and fresh breadsticks will also be coming from the hearth oven offering a large variety of specials and options.
The Colonial Carvery
features fresh carved items at lunch and dinner on weekdays with appropriate side dishes. Examples of carved items are top round of beef, prime rib of beef, beef strip loin, salmon, pork loin, duck, turkey, suckling pig flank steak, and lamb roast. Sides will include homemade mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, assorted rice, and pasta.
The Firehouse Grill offers grilled and fried entrees for the students to enjoy. Local products such as the farm raised boneless chicken breast, from the Farm Source program, always provide the freshest, and tastiest, product available. We also offer specialty items such as fresh hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, and other upscale choices.
is one of RMU’s most popular stops. This asian themed station offers a large variety of fresh vegetables, noodles, rice, and sauces for guests to choose from. The guest will then watch as their choices are prepared to order in front of them. Egg rolls, pot stickers, and wontons will still be home made.
offers a choice of exciting Crepes and Smoothies. New opPtions, such as rice bowls, will be introduced throughout the year to keep the program exciting and fresh. Our fresh, baked in house, desserts will also be offered in the bakery case next to Freshens.
Spoon and Fork offers a variety of classic entrees and sides. Included in this menu will be pasta items, international cuisine, vegetarian, and seasonal options to round out the entire program.
On the Go
items and fresh made sushi will continue to be offered in the PNC Colonial Café.
- Full service deli sandwiches
- The Build Your Own Chicken Sandwich available at the Deli in RoMo’s Cafe.
- Convenience items will continue to be offered with the variety of products changing as new products are introduced in the market.
Hale Center Café
- Offering Starbucks coffee, frappuccinos and fresh baked pastries. In addition, On the Go salad, sandwich, and sushi choices are offered to provide students a convenient meal option during their busy day between classes.
- The Wheatley Café offers fresh made On the Go choices, convenience items, heat ‘n serve entrees, beverages, and sushi throughout the day. Many pre-made meals are excellent choices for our international students, such as Halaal options.
- Chef’s Table is open form 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM offering favorite daily specials, chef prepared out front for all to see. Daily Panini specials are also offered at dinner time.
- A Chobani Yogurt bar is a healthier, fresh option. Chobani yogurt and fresh toppings will be available for our guests to build their own creations tailored to their personal tastes.
- Yorktown Café offers fresh made breakfast sandwiches each morning, and grilled cheese and soup during the lunch hour for those in the building during this time looking for a hot lunch option.
- On the Go items and beverages are offered from 7:30 AM through midnight on weekdays and 9:00 AM through midnight on weekends. In addition, from 5:00 PM through midnight, a full menu of student favorites are offered including beef burgers and chicken burgers using meat ground in house. Wings, rustic pizzas, salads, wraps and desserts will round out the exciting menu.
- A hand dipped milkshake bar also offers homemade ice cream in a variety of flavors and specialty blends.
Island Sports Center
- Fresh, made to order, sandwiches and salads are featured for our guests visiting the Bistro. Grab and Go items and a variety of sports drinks are popular options.
- Home made dough is used for the pizzas prepared in the open hearth oven. Pizzas are available by the slice or by the pie.
- Starbuck’s coffee is brewed for those looking to warm up after watching their favorite skater.
Dining Service Job Opportunities
Many part-time positions are available. Apply at the Food Court main office.