- Homecoming weekend was a huge success. Thanks to all the faculty and staff who made it a memorable experience for our students, alumni, and friends. Check out the photos and video highlighting the remarkable event.
- Amanda Neatrour, interim director of the Women's Leadership & Mentorship Program, has been named to Pittsburgh Magazine's 40 Under 40 list. The winners will be honored at a reception at the Rivers Casino Ballroom on Thursday, Nov. 14. More info about each winner and their accomplishments will be published in the November issue of Pittsburgh Magazine.
- Today, Friday Sept. 20 from 11 - 11:50 a.m. Judge Kim Berkeley Clark, President Judge of the Fifth Judicial District of Pennsylvania, will be speaking for the celebration of Constitution and Citizenship Day. All are invited to attend the speech, which takes place in Hopwood Hall.
- Saudi National Day and Arts Festival is being celebrated today, Friday, Sept. 20 from 4:30-8 p.m. in the Student Recreation Center. Learn the basics of Arabic language, wear traditional Saudi clothes, and learn about the modem of Saudi.
- The annual fall blood drive takes place Sept. 24 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Gus Krop Gym (John Jay Center). Walk-ins are welcome but if you want to make an appointment please email Donna Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cell phone number (required for online registration) and your preferred time. The entire donation process should take no more than one hour.
The first RMU Honors Roundtable of the semester will feature Soren Fanning, associate professor of history, presenting “How To Build the Future: A Historian's Guide.” The roundtable will take place Tuesday, Sept. 24, from 2-3:15pm in Franklin 204. By examining historical trends and current events, Fanning offers a series of predictions and policies for the next decades. From a universal basic income to a four-day work week to tackling climate change, this roundtable examines both the major challenges of the next few generations, but also their likely solutions. All RMU students, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend! Due to space limitations, please let contact email@example.com if you plan on bringing your class to the presentation.
RMU is pleased to announce that we’re launching a new brand campaign that reflects the hard work and outstanding success of our students. Please join us in the Wheatley Gallery Tuesday, Sept. 24 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. for an exhibition of the “Get Ready” campaign.
Students highlighted in the commercial and campaign include:
-Jake Mckee – Biology
-Erykah Hearn – Health Services Administration
-Mike Spinos – Digital Cinema and Television
-Tylyn Bramble – Accounting
-Mitchell Mozeyko - Nursing
-Jordan Redinger - History
See the photos, videos, and stories behind the campaign that highlights students across all four of our academic Schools. The exhibition runs from Sept. 24 to Oct. 24 and is available to view during gallery hours.
The 12th Annual Creepy Conference is creeping up on us. All faculty, staff, and students are invited to attend and present. A one-page description of your presentation should be emailed to Sylvia Pamboukian at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sept. 27. Selected ideas will be presented at the conference on Oct. 29 at the Wheatley Atrium. Ideas can be about any creepy topic: serial killers, UFOs, ghosts, hauntings, monsters etc. or they can debunk the supernatural.
- Men's Soccer vs. Howard - Sunday 11 a.m. at the North Athletic Complex
- Women's Soccer vs. Mount St. Marys - Sunday 1 p.m. at the North Athletic Complex
If you do not currently receive the The Minuteman weekly email, please click here to subscribe! During the summer, the Minuteman is published every other week.
ABOUT THE MINUTEMAN
The Minuteman is published weekly by the RMU Department of Public Relations and Marketing for faculty, staff and friends of Robert Morris University. To submit news for publication in The Minuteman, email email@example.com. We cannot guarantee that information submitted after 5 p.m. Wednesday will be published in that week's Minuteman.