- Sport management students Sarah Heffler, Kiersten Grove, Shannon Lynch, and Gina Santoriello were selected to attend the 2nd Annual Cleveland Cavaliers Women & Minority Sports Sales Symposium on Thursday, November 1, 2018. The program included listening to speakers and panelists along with participating in ticket sales training sessions, a networking lunch, and interviewing for the Cavaliers Organizational Business Development team.
- The final week of this year's United Way Campaign begins the week of November 12. Donate online or learn more about the upcoming events and weekly opportunities for employees, including receiving tickets for a chance to win a signed Sidney Crosby hockey glove and many basket raffles on November 15 at our Basket Raffle by visiting rmu.edu/unitedway.
- President Chris Howard has been selected as the seventh recipient of Armed
Forces Merit Award presented by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA). The award is given to one individual or group annually from across the nation who shows service or stewardship in the realm of football. Steve Richardson, executive director of FWAA stated, "Dr. Howard has had a remarkable career across the board. He embodies what this award is all about. Certainly, from a scholastic standpoint, he is truly outstanding as the NFF's Campbell Award winner. Then add in the military and football sides of the equation, what more can you say?"
- Today is your last chance to see the artwork of local high school students and their teachers in our second annual RMU Media Arts: Juried Visual Arts Exhibition and Workshops. This selective juried exhibition will be on display in the Media Arts Gallery today, Friday, November 9, with the awards ceremony beginning at 1 p.m.
- The RMU Library and departments of communications and english are proud to present,"Women Authors in the Digital Age," a panel discussion being held on Nov. 15 at 2 p.m. in the library. Panelists include:
- Samantha Black: Creative Producer and Author
- Cat Bruno: Speculative Fiction Author
- Heather Pinson: Art and Music Writer and RMU Professor
- Adriana Ramirez: Author, Critic, and Professor
- On Dec. 1 the university is holding the "Make Your Mark 5K" in memory of late RMU professor of economics Mark Eschenfelder. Eschenfelder taught thousands of students during his 34 years of service at Robert Morris. The 5K registration opens at 9 a.m. and the race begins at 11, departing from the Nicholson Lawn. All proceeds benefit the Mark Eschenfelder Memorial Fund.
Friday Nov. 9
- Women's Volleyball vs. Fairleigh Dickinson - 7 p.m. at the Student Rec Center
- Women's Hockey vs. Colgate - 7:05 p.m. at the Island Sports Center
Saturday, Nov. 10
- Women's Hockey vs. Colgate - 3:05 p.m. at the Island Sports Center
- Women's Volleyball vs. Sacred Heart - 5 p.m. at the Student Rec Center
- Men's Hockey vs. Penn State - 7:05 p.m. at the Island Sports Center
- There will be opportunities to make a monetary donation, enter a raffle to win gift baskets, sign the banner, and more! Donations will be provided to the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
Sunday, Nov. 11
- Women's Basketball vs. LaSalle - Noon at the Student Rec Center
THE BERNARD CLARK JR. SHOW PRESENTED BY UPMC SPORTS MEDICINE returns for its 10th and final installment of the 2018 season on Thursday Nov. 15 LIVE from All-Star Sport Bar & Grill (across from The Mall at Robinson) at 7 pm. The Hall of Fame Voice of the Colonials Chris Shovlin and Coach Clark are your hosts! The show airs on the radio flagship for RMU Football, 970 AM and 106.3 FM ESPN Pittsburgh, and on your mobile device via the iHeart Radio app keyword RMU. All fans are invited to attend the live show at All-Star!
If you do not currently receive the The Minuteman weekly email, please click here to subscribe! During the summer, the Minuteman is published every other week.
ABOUT THE MINUTEMAN
The Minuteman is published weekly by the RMU Department of Public Relations and Marketing for faculty, staff and friends of Robert Morris University. To submit news for publication in The Minuteman, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that information submitted after 5 p.m. Wednesday will be published in that week's Minuteman.