- The School of Business added a B.S.B.A. in financial planning and a new accounting certificate. This fall students can get the newest undergrad degree, which prepares students for careers in wealth management and financial planning, a field in growing demand. RMU has also received endorsement from the Institute of Management Accountants to prepare accounting students for the CMA exam. RMU is just the second university in the Pittsburgh area to receive IMA endorsement.
- RMU was named a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense, a recognition that touts the university's robust cyber security bachelor's and master's degree programs.
- Last month we told you about a raft of academic awards and honors earned by RMU student-athletes. One more to report: The women's ice hockey program placed 19 Colonials on the 2019 College Hockey America All-Academic Team, also a league high. Four of the 14 players named 2018-19 CHA Student-Athlete of the Year played for RMU. Read more here.
- RMU in the News has been updated with June's media coverage of RMU, including a hit in the New York Times.
- Brian O'Roark, university professor of economics, spoke at the Smithsonian Association in Washington, DC about his book "Why Superman Doesn't Take Over the World: What Superheroes Can Tell Us About Economics." The book was published in the U.S. in May.
- Christine Holtz, professor of media arts, has photography included in "_ _ _ _ _ _" at SPACE Gallery in Pittsburgh. The exhibition features 1,921 photographs that have never been seen before - even by the photographers who took them - and is on view until August 4.
Editor's Note - The Minuteman will be published every other Friday over the summer months.
If you do not currently receive the The Minuteman weekly email, please click here to subscribe! During the summer, the Minuteman is published every other week.
ABOUT THE MINUTEMAN
The Minuteman is published weekly by the RMU Department of Public Relations and Marketing for faculty, staff and friends of Robert Morris University. To submit news for publication in The Minuteman, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that information submitted after 5 p.m. Wednesday will be published in that week's Minuteman.