Academic Services serves under the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Services.
The Academic Services Office has become an integral part of the student's academic growth. The department functions as the main resource for students, faculty, and staff seeking information and/or services relating to the academic services within this system.
The Academic Services Office is located on the Moon Township campus and staffed by professional members equipped to administer student academic needs. The Moon Campus office is located in Patrick Henry Center on the Library level.
Office of the Registrar
Mary Ann A. Rafoth, Ph.D.
Vice Provost, Academic Affairs
Professor of Education
Daniell C. Matthews, M.A.
University Registrar, Registrar's Office
- Determine the academic status of students
- Evaluate and process academic approval for directed/independent study and off-campus credit
- Interpret and administer academic rules and regulations
- Processes course waiver/substitutions
- Provide academic clearance for registration and reinstatements
- Administer the advisement system
- Assist the faculty in the advisement system
- Maintain and distribute faculty advisement handbook
- Prepares the master Schedule of Classes and Planners
- Announce changes in course offerings, programs, and degree requirements
- Provide information relating to academic affairs
- Serve as a referral source to other student support systems
- Click here for academic forms
- Audit graduation requirements
- Award degrees
- Maintain all academic records and files of registered students
- Prepare and maintain academic checksheets outlining graduation requirements
- Process change of majors
- Process course/school withdrawals
- Process attendance verification for deferments, insurance, and government programs
- Process change of name and address
- Provide cross-registration services with other member institutions of the Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education
- Registration services
- Click here to request your official academic transcript
- Process requests for official transcripts for students who are not able to request online digital transcripts